As we know, majorly the condition of our hair is governed by the weather. Humidity can cause frizzy hair to puff up. Fighting the excess moisture on rainy days is a challenge, but not impossible. There are some hair straightening methods to avoid the frizziness and keep your hair look sleek and give you the look you want even on the worst days.
How to get rid of frizzy hair
It is important to note that frizz is the result of dry hair either as a result of damage or because your hair is like that naturally. In order to keep it under control, you must attack the frizz by providing the hair with lots of moisture.
The following are some of the simple methods to avoid frizz:
- Trim your hair during the season. You should visit your saloon every six to eight weeks.
- After washing your hair, make sure to use a live-on conditioner. It will help smooth the cuticle and reduce the frizz. Be sure to use a good, hard hold gel, when styling your hair on rainy days. It will help to act as a shield for the frizzy hair and protect them from the rain. You can also use a little coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil as a part of your hair care items. It keeps the hair shiny and smooth during the rainy days.
- Use a protein rich conditioner by diluting it with water. Apply the same to tips of hair with fingers. This should tame some of the frizzier ends. Lotion can be used in place of conditioner, which also works well.
- Use natural oils which are rich in vitamin E, as it is better in eliminating frizz than synthetic products, as the natural one lasts longer.
- Use hair serum after your hair is wet. Take a drop or two and spread it on your palms and run your hands gently through the hair.
- A lot of hair products contain alcohol and preservatives, as it dries out your hair and promote unnecessary frizz. These products are cheaper but damage the hair.
- Heat the hair oil and then apply it. It indeed does wonders.
- Tie-up long hair in a bun or in a pony tail to reduce the amount of hair being exposed to the acidic water in the rain.
- Avoid deep heat conditioning treatments as there is chance of damage to the hair shaft and can not be repaired if damaged.
- Take recommendations from the professional hairstylist.