From Miley Cyrus to Mila Kunis to Victoria Beckham to Scarlett Johansson, these celebrities surprise us with different hairstyles – varying colors, style and hair length – every now and then. The trick is made doable with the help of fusion hair extensions. And many of us get inspired by these celebrities and want that longer and thicker hair. One should consider the following pros and cons of fusion hair extensions.
PROS OF FUSION HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Fusion hair extensions are available in various colors, length and textures. It gives one the opportunity to change the “plain Jane” hair to curly and those with curly hair can opt for straight hair. Due to its flexible nature, one can try new hairstyles that might be impossible to achieve with one’s natural hair. Try fusion hair extensions to find which hair color will suit you.
- Cold fusion extensions use a keratin-based polymer to attach the hair extension to the root. It is best for those with thinning hair since there is no heat used.
- One can go for swimming or take a shower if wearing quality fusion hair extensions as it stays on for a long time.
- Fusion hair extensions add volume to hair. Works best for those with short hair.
- Fusion hair extensions last longer compared to other extensions. But, it depends on factors like how fast does your natural hair grow, how well the extensions have been glued, etc. It can last up to 3 to 4 months.
CONS OF FUSION HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Hair and scalp can get damaged easily. Hot gluing hair extensions can weaken the hair strands. The scalp carries one’s hair weight, and with hair extensions it may take some time for the scalp to get adjusted to the hair weight. Braiding the hair tightly while attaching hair extension can result in hair breakage. It can also devoid hair of its natural oil. The glue can result in burning of the scalp, dandruff and scalp irritation if the natural oil gets trapped within the braids.
- If brushed roughly, it can result in thinning of the hair.
- It can be time consuming as the application time can last as long as 8 hours.
- First time users may feel that the glue is stiff.
- The cost of hair extensions varies depending on the quality and length, time taken and the salon one opts for.
Research well the pros and cons of fusion hair extensions with the hair stylist, before making the decision.